Swaledale Outdoor Club welcomes new members.
Annual Adult membership (18 and over) costs £20 and Junior membership (age 16 or 17) costs £10. All children of an Adult member who are aged 17 and under are automatically members of SOC.
Children aged 15 and under must be accompanied by a parent who is a member. Junior members aged 16 and 17 must be accompanied by a parent or nominated responsible adult. The responsible adult must be nominated by the person’s parent. The parent or responsible adult does not need to be a member of Swaledale Outdoor Club in order to provide the support needed.
If you already know what the club does, please click on the 'Join SOC' button on the left side of this page to join the club. Alternatively we would like you to come along to one or two programmed events without obligation, so that you can meet us, try the club out and make sure it is right for you. If you would like to contact activity organisers and arrange to come out then click on the contact us tab above. A full list of club contacts will be shown and, by clicking on the name and entering your information, the organiser will be able to respond to your enquiry.
There are many benefits from becoming a member of the SOC not least that you get to do your favourite activities with a group of like minded people who really love what they do and welcome people of all abilities.
Becoming a member of the Swaledale Outdoor Club provides you with the following facilities and benefits:
- A quarterly email/printed newsletter – keeping members in touch with SOC news and allows you to contribute your own articles describing your exploits
- A quarterly email/printed programme – so you can make sure you don’t miss out on upcoming events
- Shopping discounts - we have arrangements with many outdoor shops offering exclusive benefits to SOC members
- A clubhouse with licensed bar, equipment store, and showers
- Various equipment that can be hired out and allow you to try a new activity
- You'll be able to apply to join mailing lists (we use Google Groups) for the various available activities
- Each section is headed up by a section organiser who will keep you informed of activities and help you with local knowledge from the best route to the best shop to the all important best café/pub – delete as appropriate!
- A full social calendar to suit all tastes and provides opportunities for you to meet members from other activities
Once you have had a couple of outings you can click on the 'Join SOC' button on each page to join the club – the sooner you join, the sooner you benefit. If you want to ask us a question please use the contact us page.