- The Swaledale Marathon is open to all persons who have attained the age of 18 years, subject to them meeting the conditions below. Children 14 - 17 years will be allowed to enter, provided they are accompanied by an adult all the way.
- The following equipment must be either worn or carried at all times for the safety of yourself and other competitiors / helpers:
|OS 1:50000 maps sheets 92, 98, 1" sheet 90 or Explorer Map OL30 (paper - not on electronic device)|
|Waterproof and windproof jacket and overtrousers||Hat and gloves|
|Footwear optional but good condition||No jeans allowed|
|Compass & whistle||Emergency food||First aid kit||Mug or cup|
- Kit check at start plus spot-checks en-route.
- Map showing details of the route will be displayed at the check-in.
- Failure to have your tally card punched at all checkpoints in the correct order will lead to disqualification. Competitors must clip their own cards at Self Clip points A, B, C & D.
- Retire only at a checkpoint and inform the Marshal and hand in tally card. Checkpoints will close when the Sweepers pass through. Directions of Marshals and Sweepers must be followed.
- Please observe the Country Code. In particular keep to single file in meadows.
- No money will be returned on cancellation.
- Entries limited. No entries on the day of the event. If you are unable to take part in the marathon and wish to pass your entry to someone else, it is imperative that the substitute's details are provided. Please try to do this in advance via this web site. If you cannot do this in advance, please go to the substitutions desk prior to registering on the day.
- Entries are accepted at the discretion of the organisers and you may be disqualified unless you comply with these rules.
- No dogs allowed.
Read 5164 times